The ASRock P55DE3 is a clean looking board. It is obvious from even the first glance that ASRock meant this board to be slender in terms of junk thrown on it.
Looking at the top of the board, we see that while ASRock has put some money into solid capacitors for the CPU, they have not done so for the whole board. You can clearly see two traditional capacitors right above the power socket.
Looking at the placement, it would appear that ASRock carefully chose the ones to put more money into. Overall, the layout in this upper area is clean and surprisingly is not covered by any of the usual heatsinks you see on other boards.
For those of you that worry about this type of thing, ASRock has put a Lotes CPU hold down on the P55DE3.
Looking at the lower half of the board, we see a fairly clean layout to the peripheral slots. Granted, there is one PCI slot that will go away if you use two dual height GPUs, but that is nothing unique to ASRock.
Interestingly enough, while there is a Floppy connector at the bottom of the board, there is no spot for a PATA drive. I think many would have preferred the PATA port over the floppy, but as there are still quite a few people using Windows XP, that floppy port comes in handy for installing new RAID and SATA drivers.
Looking at the lower-right corner, we see again that this is a budget board. Unlike many boards, you are not getting six SATA ports (or, is it 50 now?!). Instead ASRock has opted for a slimmed down four SATA ports.
The I/O ports are also typical of what you expect to see these days on a P55 board, although soon the lack of USB 3.0 will be noticeable as more companies put this on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage