The Foxconn A9DA-S is a surprising little board. I was quite pleased with its overall performance despite the poor showings from both of the FutureMark tests. The layout was done well despite some of the limitations of the ATX form factor (and the continued use of the ZIF socket).
IGP based gaming was something of a letdown, but we saw that with a discrete GPU we could correct that. One thing to note here is that we did not see any general performance issues when we have the HD 5870 in the system. This was present on two other boards we have tested, but did not show up on the A9DA-S. Bear in mind that this is not a "performance" board. It is a mainstream entry into the 890GX market.
Even with this market focus, the board performed amazingly well. It would be a great board for a HTPC or, when combined with a HD 5670, a fast and inexpensive gaming system that allows good performance at decent resolutions (including DX11 games) at what we hope will be an excellent price point.
Unfortunately, at the time of this writing we do not know what the retail prices will be, but we imagine that this board should come in under the $150 to $160 price we have seen from ASUS and GIGABYTE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Seagate introduce Seagate Secure security features
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz