The Corsair Force 100GB SSD
Here we take our first look at the actual Force Series SSD. All of the information you are going to find on the drive is shown here in the top label.
The back of the drive is standard all the way around. Here we see the mounting holes for quick installation in some notebooks and drive carriers.
The Force Series is a standard 9mm height and has the standard mounting locations on the side as well. The 9mm drive height has long been the choice for notebook manufacturers, so nearly all notebooks will be able to use the Force without issue.
On the rear we see that the power and data connections are located where they should be. We can call it standard all the way around just as it should be and move on.
The SandForce SF-1200 controller is located in the middle of eight Micron flash chips on this side. Current SandForce controllers do not use DRAM memory for cache and this allows manufacturers to produce drives at a lower cost.
The underside of the PCB also has eight Micron MLC flash modules. It would appear that Corsair has used the standard SandForce PCB layout. This early on I don't suspect anyone will have a custom PCB and as long as everything works well there is not really a need for anyone to spend R&D time to develop a new board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit