Processor: Intel Core i5 750
Mainboard ASUS Maximus III Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 4GB Kingston KHX12800D3T1K3/6GX (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk: Kingston SSD Now M (Intel X25-M 80GB SSD) (Supplied by Kingston)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB (Supplied by AMD)
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 (with an extra fan) (Supplied by Cooler Master)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Drivers: Intel INF 220.127.116.115, Catalyst 10.2
The Maximus III Extreme that we tested was using a BETA BIOS. Although ASUS told us that this version (0605) was pretty much complete, they did emphasize that it was not going to the be the BIOS that will ship with the MIIIE when it hits the retail channel.
Our experience with the Maximus III in terms of build, setup and installation was good. I was concerned about how close the first PCIe slot is to the NF200 cooler, but in the end nothing was touching and heat build-up was not terribly bad. Running the system was another matter, as we are looking at a beta BIOS some of the performance we saw will undoubtedly improve with the final release. Still, it is not always easy to adjust for both good stock performance and good overclocked performance.
***Note: As this is the first P55 board that we have tested with the Radeon HD 5870 and this test has a GPU based section, we did not include performance numbers from other boards that used the GTX 285. We did include tests that had no reliance on the GPU for comparison. We also included performance numbers from our Core i7-980X testing with this review to give you a basis for comparing the numbers on the Core i5 750/ P55 combination.***
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This Zelda song is perfect for Halloween
- Red Dead Redemption 2 ships on two discs
- Sony to use blockchain DRM to secure content
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam