Processor: Intel Core i5 750
Mainboard ASUS Maximus III Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 4GB Kingston KHX12800D3T1K3/6GX (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk: Kingston SSD Now M (Intel X25-M 80GB SSD) (Supplied by Kingston)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB (Supplied by AMD)
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 (with an extra fan) (Supplied by Cooler Master)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Drivers: Intel INF 126.96.36.1995, Catalyst 10.2
The Maximus III Extreme that we tested was using a BETA BIOS. Although ASUS told us that this version (0605) was pretty much complete, they did emphasize that it was not going to the be the BIOS that will ship with the MIIIE when it hits the retail channel.
Our experience with the Maximus III in terms of build, setup and installation was good. I was concerned about how close the first PCIe slot is to the NF200 cooler, but in the end nothing was touching and heat build-up was not terribly bad. Running the system was another matter, as we are looking at a beta BIOS some of the performance we saw will undoubtedly improve with the final release. Still, it is not always easy to adjust for both good stock performance and good overclocked performance.
***Note: As this is the first P55 board that we have tested with the Radeon HD 5870 and this test has a GPU based section, we did not include performance numbers from other boards that used the GTX 285. We did include tests that had no reliance on the GPU for comparison. We also included performance numbers from our Core i7-980X testing with this review to give you a basis for comparing the numbers on the Core i5 750/ P55 combination.***
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard