Package and Contents
The first thing you notice about the Maximus III Extreme is the box. It is bright red and guaranteed to grab your eye if you passed this by on the shelf.
Once you get past the shock of the red (and the star burst in the corner) you will notice that the front of the box has a flap. Opening this flap shows you a couple of things. The first and most important is the actual motherboard. It is visible in all its glory through a plastic window. Once you tear your eyes away from that rather impressive site you find that the top part of the flap has the usual marketing items that the front of most other motherboard boxes has.
The back of the box rounds out the set of the marketing propaganda with pictures of some of the highlighted features and a complete list of specifications.
Inside the box are a pair of smaller black boxes that contain the motherboard and all of the loot that ASUS has stuffed into this product.
As you can see, the haul you get with the Maximus III Extreme is quite sizable (as it should be). You get a nice set of labels for your SATA cables, both a Crossfire and SLI bridge, a Bluetooth module, three thermistors, a sticker, a USB cable for ROG connect and even a Tri-SLI bridge.
The Bluetooth module is important as it is needed for use with the new Bluetooth overclocking feature that is present on the Maximus. But, for those of you that are iPhone users, well, there is not an app for that just yet, not even on Cydia. We will cover this in more detail later in the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series