Package and Contents
The first thing you notice about the Maximus III Extreme is the box. It is bright red and guaranteed to grab your eye if you passed this by on the shelf.
Once you get past the shock of the red (and the star burst in the corner) you will notice that the front of the box has a flap. Opening this flap shows you a couple of things. The first and most important is the actual motherboard. It is visible in all its glory through a plastic window. Once you tear your eyes away from that rather impressive site you find that the top part of the flap has the usual marketing items that the front of most other motherboard boxes has.
The back of the box rounds out the set of the marketing propaganda with pictures of some of the highlighted features and a complete list of specifications.
Inside the box are a pair of smaller black boxes that contain the motherboard and all of the loot that ASUS has stuffed into this product.
As you can see, the haul you get with the Maximus III Extreme is quite sizable (as it should be). You get a nice set of labels for your SATA cables, both a Crossfire and SLI bridge, a Bluetooth module, three thermistors, a sticker, a USB cable for ROG connect and even a Tri-SLI bridge.
The Bluetooth module is important as it is needed for use with the new Bluetooth overclocking feature that is present on the Maximus. But, for those of you that are iPhone users, well, there is not an app for that just yet, not even on Cydia. We will cover this in more detail later in the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series