I love pre-overclocked cards. It's always great to get a bit more speed out of a model and not have to pay a whole lot more for it. Thanks to companies like HIS offering overclocked cards, the few companies who used to offer them can't charge the same premium that they used to and if they do, people aren't willing to pay it as often.
The Turbo series has been around for a while now, but like other ATI-only partners, it doesn't matter if you have the best series in the world, unless ATI are manufacturing a GPU that people want to buy, it doesn't matter.
The good news is that ATI are producing not only a chip we want, but chips, and for that reason we're seeing the full line-up get the treatment and today we're looking at one of our favorite models, the HD 5870.
What we'll do before we have a look at the clocks that HIS have opted for is check out the package and have a closer look at the card and the cooler they've decided to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 16 [Final Thoughts]