The CoolIT ECO A.L.C. CPU Cooler
Here we have the ECO A.L.C. in all her black glory. As you can see, the pump and CPU block are all in one piece to the left, and the radiator and fan half is on the right.
Starting at the bottom and working our way up, I'm going to start off with the base. It is copper and the specifications assure us that this plate is backed with micro-channels to dissipate the heat from here. While the surface isn't polished, it is flat and makes great contact on the IHS. The ECO also comes with CoolIT's own PRO A.T.C. pre-applied.
Water enters and leaves the FHE unit through these 90 degree elbows. They do swivel right and left, but as you can see they only travel so far until you run into the other elbow and tubing.
Twisting them to the right, you run into the same thing. There is no need for more movement anyways, as the over 90 degrees of movement will accommodate any setup.
The top half of the mounting mechanisms for both AMD and Intel couldn't be simpler. Not only is the outside, black plastic moulded to be a tool-less thumb screw, but also surpasses the height of the internal screw. So if you do plan to install with a screwdriver, accidental slippage is taken care of so you don't accidentally stab your motherboard with said screwdriver.
Really simplifying the Intel mounting, since there are three sockets still being used, the retention mechanism can easily swap from LGA775, like the one at the top left. With a simple pull on the mechanism itself, the latch can be moved to LGA1156 or LGA1366 and when released, a spring inside locks it into place.
I know we saw a similar image already, but I wanted to cover the tubing as well. It appears to be 1/8" ID tubing that is chemically impervious and stretched it over ¼" OD fittings. Then outside the softer tubing, a harder 3/8" outer diameter plastic shell is use to protect the lines from outside damage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard