Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The specifications are a bit different this time around as I don't have the typical height and weight of the cooler since this unit is comprised of many parts. The Fluid Heat Exchanger (FEH) is comprised of a copper base plate with micro-channels to aid in the waters transference of heat. Just above the block is the included CFF1 pump that runs off an amazingly low 1W of power draw. All of this is enclosed in a plastic cover with the CoolIT name and ECO moniker as well. CoolIT ships the ECO with the Intel LGA775/LGA1156/LGA1366 universal mounting attached, but also provides mounting for AMD AM2 and later CPU's. This end of the unit had a 3-pin motherboard connection that should be plugged into the motherboard CPU header.
Out of the side of the FHE are two swiveling, ¼" O.D fittings that CoolIT has stretched what appears to be 1/8" I.D. tubing, not being able to disassemble it, that is my guess at the I.D. - Covering all of the impervious tubing is an outer plastic sheathing, not dissimilar to automotive wire loom that you can purchase to tidy wires; just without the slit for access. This does a terrific job of protecting the hose and adding a bit of rigidity to the system. There is a video floating around that shows one of CoolIT's own members swinging the system wildly only holding on to the FHE end of the ECO, and it stayed together and with no detriment to the cooler. Now, I'm not promoting you do some wild and crazy tests of your own, but only that this system has been abused and tested well beyond what you would see inside your PC or when installing it.
Then you have the radiator and fan assembly. From CoolIT the fan is placed on the radiator in the pull position and this placement is based on hours of internal testing of both the radiators efficiency with a lower CFM fan, but obviously it does better here than pushing or it would have been placed as such. Looking at the site and in their forums, they don't suggest that the fans be changed, as the system is built and designed to perform best with the setup as it is presented. We all know it is going to happen anyways in a few situations, just heed the warning that a faster stronger fan may in fact lead to worse results. It may take a few tries to get a better performance level than what CoolIT offers out of the box.
In the introduction I mentioned that this cooling solution should rival most of the more popular cooling solutions on the market today, but can it keep in line with pricing? The simple answer is yes it can. Looking around, I see that not many e-tailers have stock of the ECO A.L.C. currently and the pricing does vary quite a bit. I've seen listings as low as $64.95, while others were closer to the $90 mark. From CoolIT, they projected pricing to be around $75 USD, and even there the price is very competitive. When you compare it to coolers like the V10 or the Noctua D-14, or even the price of a Megahalems after adding a fan or two, the ECO A.L.C. really comes into perspective price wise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media