The 890GPA-UD3H simply looks chaotic. It is cramped and cluttered. As we have mentioned before, much of this cannot be helped, but some of it certainly can and should be worked on.
Looking at the upper half of the board, we see the AM3+ socket and the now familiar plastic hold down for the stock AMD cooler. One thing you will notice is how close the RAM slots are to the CPU socket. In practice this limits the use of larger coolers (unless you do not want to use all RAM slots). In fact, our standard cooler, the Cooler Master Hyper 212+, would obscure the first two RAM slots when we used both fans.
The next item of note is that notorious problem with the placement of the 8-pin aux power connector. This connector is an unfortunate necessity, but it also has to be located very near to the CPU. This gives limited room to move around. Still, even with that GB has chosen an awkward slot to place the one on the 890GPA-UD3H. This is even more so true once you get the 890GPA into a case.
At the lower half of the board is another interesting item. For some reason GB still likes to put a single x1 PCIe slot right in-line with the Northbridge heatsink. To me (and many others) this is a pointless place to put a slot. It is true that you can get more than one PCIe x1 card that is short enough not to intrude here, but I would not want a normal sized card here, especially if I wanted to use a discrete GPU with this board.
Also nestled down on the lower half is the SB850 and eight SATA ports available on the board.
The back panel I/O ports are what you would expect from an 890GX based board with the stock two USB 3.0 ports, DVI, VGA and HDMI.
As you can see, the 890GPA-UD3H is a cramped and cluttered board. If you are going for an entry level build none of this comes into play, but if you are looking at a higher end system with discrete graphics and other add-in boards for peripherals (like audio) then you might have a few issues.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series