The 890GPA-UD3H is an okay board. I actually was expecting more from it, but I was a little disappointed. The layout was not that great and needs to be re-thought in future models. I am not sure why they continue to put the x1 slot up and over the NB heatsink, but they still are doing this.
There were a few performance issues that I did not understand with the 890GPA either. We saw decreased performance almost across the board when we have a discrete GPU in the system. I would not have expected this at all and we are working to try and find out the reasons behind this problem. As noted, there were some minor annoying problems at startup as well, but nothing too serious.
Overall, the GA-890GPA-UD3H is not a bad board, especially with its $140 price tag, but GIGABYTE has some work ahead of it to optimize the BIOS so that some of the issues we saw are lessened or removed completely. However, at the time of this writing we really cannot recommend it if you are interested in the 890GX chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit