Package and Contents
Normally with CPUs from both Intel and AMD we do not get the retail packaging. Instead we get the CPU and whatever the stock cooler for the CPU is inside a plain box.
The same thing happened again with the Core i7 980X. This is not a bad thing, though, and I am sure it saves both AMD and Intel money while at the same time does not clog up reviewers work spaces with extra packaging.
However, that having been said, we do know what you will get and what the retail packaging will look like.
One of the new and interesting things that comes with the new CPU is a new Intel designed cooler. This is called the DBX-B and it is a pretty big mass of aluminum and copper. The fan has a switch at the top that offers multiple settings.
Q is for quiet operating and does what it says. P is for performance, but could also stand for loud as it increases the fan noise significantly. We will test out the new DBX-B at a later date to let you know how it stacks up against other 1366 coolers on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Xbox head: Streaming won't be best way to play for a while
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms