Package and Contents
Normally with CPUs from both Intel and AMD we do not get the retail packaging. Instead we get the CPU and whatever the stock cooler for the CPU is inside a plain box.
The same thing happened again with the Core i7 980X. This is not a bad thing, though, and I am sure it saves both AMD and Intel money while at the same time does not clog up reviewers work spaces with extra packaging.
However, that having been said, we do know what you will get and what the retail packaging will look like.
One of the new and interesting things that comes with the new CPU is a new Intel designed cooler. This is called the DBX-B and it is a pretty big mass of aluminum and copper. The fan has a switch at the top that offers multiple settings.
Q is for quiet operating and does what it says. P is for performance, but could also stand for loud as it increases the fan noise significantly. We will test out the new DBX-B at a later date to let you know how it stacks up against other 1366 coolers on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit