The Thecus N7700 Pro
On the surface there isn't much difference between the N7700 and the Pro model. Here we see that Thecus did include a sticker at the top right so you can tell one from the other. Both models share the same features; a door that covers the drives, an LCD screen for easy setup and status updates and dual USB 2.0 ports.
With the door open we see the seven locking drive bays as well as the all important ventilation slots that keep your drives cool.
Behind the reflective finish is the blue LCD display that automatically scrolls through status updates. You can use the buttons below the display to setup or change your configuration settings.
The side of the N7700 Pro has the brushed aluminum wrapping partly around, then a painted cover takes care of the rest.
A look at the back shows us the dual low speed fans that keep the drives and other components cool. The power supply is at the bottom of the NAS. At the top we see the PCIe slot where the add-on Intel 10GbE network adapter plugs in.
At the top here we see the dual gigabit Ethernet ports that can be configured separately or together for load balancing or fail over. Also on the back of the N7700 Pro Thecus included two USB 2.0 ports for use with additional storage products or printers which turn the N7700 Pro into a print server.
With the back cover removed we see the PCIe 8x slot that can be used with the Intel 10GbE network adapter.
Last but not least we see the Thecus accessory pack that has everything you need to get started and more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N7700 Pro]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- The Backside Line Does Keto Infinite Accel Forskolin Work?
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019