The Raidmax Skyline Windowed Mid Tower Case
Even all the layers protecting the Skyline we have already seen, it takes just a bit more to make the skyline presentable. The window has static clinging plastic inside and out, and there is the blue plastic covering the face plate.
The Skyline is almost egg shaped, or at least a little fat in the middle. The shiny black plastic surround and slot covers are highlighted with the bright aluminum accent plate. There are five external drives plated as well as a floppy drive cover. The bottom is used to allow for air intake and a bit of LED lighting.
From the side the Skyline does show more of an art-deco look of older city skylines. The bold chrome window accents on the window, and the way the chassis looks like it's moving with the swept back top reminds me of pediments and figures on top of those structures. The sides carry that piano black, super shiny look too, so this chassis is prone to be a fingerprint magnet.
The rear of the chassis is not painted, and keeps things pretty simple. The removable I/O shield pops right out to allow you to install the appropriate one, and the fan next to it is not as open as I like to see, but will allow the 120mm fan to do a pretty good job. Under those, there are the seven tool-less expansion card slots with a bit of added ventilation to the side. That leaves us with the obvious spot for the power supply.
I had to look down on the chassis to keep from getting an image of myself. Even the back of the Skyline is highly reflective. The paint job on the Skyline is silky smooth.
The top of the Skyline is slotted and vented to allow for the placement of two 120mm fans that exhaust air through the fine mesh.
The front I/O is pretty simplified with just two USB 2.0 ports and a microphone and headphone jack. At the bottom is the power and reset buttons on both sides of the power and HDD activity lights. Take note of the screws in the front most panel, these need to be removed later to allow the front panel to come off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada