Once I got to the card and noticed that there was a high profile bracket already on the model, I quickly came to the conclusion that the model was packed together very fast to get over to us. So on that note it's worth knowing that in the bundle you would normally get the high profile bracket and a low profile VGA one with a low profile bracket for the DVI and DisplayPort already being installed.
The cooler on this particular HD 5450 is slightly different to the other ones we've seen. Unlike the reference ATI one, this is a single slot one and compared to the Sapphire one we have some extra fins hanging off the back along with a vertical design as opposed to a parallel one.
As we mentioned above, the card carries with it a Dual-Link DVI connector along with a DisplayPort. We've also got a VGA port which gives us the ability to run Eyefinity.
When it came to testing the card, I thought sure, I could just test it as is and compare a 1GB version to a 512MB one, but honestly, who are we kidding? There's going to be no difference between the two models.
Instead I chose to fire up the Catlayst Control Center, move to Overdrive and see what kind of overclocking could be done on the card. Look, I understand that you really aren't going to game with this card, but at least when it comes to the performance it will be a bit more interesting to look at.
Since I live life on the edge, I cranked the clocks up to the max. Out of the box we see the stock 650MHz / 1600MHz DDR setup on the model. In Overdrive we can overclock to 700MHz / 1800MHz DDR. The good news is the card had no issues after we hit the test button, so it was time to move forward.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series