The Kingston SSDNow V+ Series 512GB SSD Bundle
We will start out with the extensive bundle that Kingston supplies with their kit version. Here we see the included drive enclosure with the USB cable, SATA power and data cable as well as the disk with the manual and information. Also included are two rails that will allow you to install the SSDNow V+ in a standard 3.5" hard drive bay.
Here we get our first look at the drive. I noticed that it states Assembled in Japan. That leads me to think Toshiba had quite a bit of influence on the V+.
There is not a lot going on with the back of the drive since all of the information is on the top label.
On the side we see that the drive has all of the mounting locations where they should be, so you will not have a problem mounting the drive in your notebook or desktop.
The power and data connectors are also where they should be; no problems here.
With the drive apart we found Toshiba parts all over the place. The only non Toshiba chip we found was the Micron cache.
Being a 512GB drive, we expected to find flash on both sides of the PCB and here it is. There are 16 total flash chips that are BGA and single stacked.
The drive case is lined with thermal transfer material. To my knowledge this is the first time an SSD has come this way, at least the first time I have received one. This will allow heat to move more efficiently from the chips to the drive case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit