Inside The IN WIN Maelstrom Full Tower Case
I wanted to show off the inside of the door. The outside edges are backed with "egg crate" foam as a sound deadener. Any chassis with a window or mesh is going to be inherently louder; IN WIN tries to compensate for that here and on the bottom third of the rear panel IN WIN backs it with a 200mm fan out of the box. This fan is wired to the switch you could see on the other side. The switch is for the LEDs. As long as the fan is connected to the 4-pin Molex, it will run when the chassis is powered up.
Looking inside the chassis with both panels off, it looks like there is a bunch of room to get things mounted with this "open" chassis design. Most notable is the lack of the bottom third of the motherboard tray. This area allows cables to easily pass through and get to the drive bays. Once the back panel is back in place, this area is backed with more of that "egg crate" foam stuck to the back panel. There is a CPU back plate access hole which is becoming more normal and almost a must in chassis design. Look closely at the floor where the PSU should set. IN WIN used rubber "risers" to support the PSU and includes extras for longer PSU's.
Untying all the wiring and setting it up for an image, I was pleased in both the length of said wires, as well as the black coatings to make them "disappear" in all the black of the chassis insides.
The drive bays are separated in two sections. The five 5.25" bays at the top are all tool-less, utilizing the pieces found in the tray locked into the bottom drive bay. It's a bit hard to see, but the top bay has a 3.5" floppy drive tray that allows you to use it in the 5.25" bays for all those "old school" BIOS flashers out there. Just below is a 3.5" bay that will hold an SSD, too.
When we get to the 3.5" drive rack, IN WIN has turned it to the door for ease of access. Again, these bays are all tool-less, with pieces found in the above tray. The front intake fan is placed between the front and the drive bays. This should cool the drives pretty well, but there isn't a whole lot of that flow that makes it through the other side of the bays.
Looking at the rear panel against the white back drop, you can see the rear is very well ventilated. Aside from the rear I/O and the PSU area, IN WIN has tried to offer the ultimate in airflow and ease of your build, even if you want to go with water cooling.
I laid the chassis on its back again, but this time with the panel off you can see inside the top. IN WIN ships the chassis with the one fan in place which can be moved, as it may have a clearance issue with some coolers in its current position. They do give you the option to move it to the other holes, or if room allows, you can add another next to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019