The module itself is much smaller compared to a standard module. Measuring only 1.18 inches this module is ideal for low profile systems, servers and of course overclockers and concept PC's, where space is usually tighter since double sided modules come with 16 memory chips in total. This means you can't use this module in the third DIMM slots on Intel I845D, E and G motherboards - but then again very few can.
As mentioned, Kingmax uses 16 chips on all of their modules. These chips are produced for Kingmax by Kingpak, Kingmax's chip fab plant. The chips are in TinyBGA form, a very excellent packaging technology which reduces heat and increases signal integrity over standard memory modules. This chips are rated at 5ns making them fully 400 MHz compliant, not like some of the previous "DDR-400" reviews we've seen floating around.
After all the testing and quality assurances have been completed, Kingmax slap a sticker on the module with serial, lot and batch numbers for reference purposes as well as the speed, size and CAS Latency which is a well known Kingmax trait. What I would like to see for future modules is a new coloring or heat spreader added to the memory, as this would make it more attractive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 3 [Features]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Results]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit