The module itself is much smaller compared to a standard module. Measuring only 1.18 inches this module is ideal for low profile systems, servers and of course overclockers and concept PC's, where space is usually tighter since double sided modules come with 16 memory chips in total. This means you can't use this module in the third DIMM slots on Intel I845D, E and G motherboards - but then again very few can.
As mentioned, Kingmax uses 16 chips on all of their modules. These chips are produced for Kingmax by Kingpak, Kingmax's chip fab plant. The chips are in TinyBGA form, a very excellent packaging technology which reduces heat and increases signal integrity over standard memory modules. This chips are rated at 5ns making them fully 400 MHz compliant, not like some of the previous "DDR-400" reviews we've seen floating around.
After all the testing and quality assurances have been completed, Kingmax slap a sticker on the module with serial, lot and batch numbers for reference purposes as well as the speed, size and CAS Latency which is a well known Kingmax trait. What I would like to see for future modules is a new coloring or heat spreader added to the memory, as this would make it more attractive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 3 [Features]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Results]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz