Disk Drive Controller
The system drive controller is an important part of system performance. In most modern boards your drive controller will run off of the PCI-e bus. The PCI-e bus performance can be affected by poor trace layout as well as many other design choices that show up on different boards.
For testing we use Sisoft's Sandra and Everest.
The H55M-ED55 shows us slower HDD performance by roughly 10MB/s. This could hurt it and also is more than likely the reason for the slower HyperPi performance.
The slower HDD performance is again present in our Everest testing. Hopefully MSI can fix this minor slowdown with a BIOS update and get the HDD read performance back to where it should be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit