MSI uses an AMI BIOS for the H55M-ED55. As such, it follows that layout and has the typical pages. For the MSI H55M-ED55 there are a few notable exceptions to the otherwise very familiar AMI BIOS. These are the Cell Menu, M-Flash, Overclocking Profile and Green Power.
We are starting off with the Cell Menu simply because this is where you will spend most of your time while overclocking or tweaking the system. The options here are pretty straight forward, but you do have to dive into some sub-menus to find all of the settings.
If you are thinking about pushing the HD GMA GPU that is on your Clarkdale, you will have to head over to Advanced Features. Here you can find the adjustments for GPU clock speed, RAM and DVMT. You will have to head back to the Cell Menu to bump up the IGP voltage, though.
The Green Power menu contains only two settings, but these are very important if you are looking to build a power friendly system.
The M-Flash menu allows you to flash your board as well as backup your BIOS to your HDD or to an external drive (like a USB Flash Drive).
A "new" feature that is showing up at all levels of motherboards is the ability to overclock with a single button or a simple tool. On the MSI H55M-ED55 it is called OC Genie and can be run from inside the OS or by simply pressing the OC Genie button on the motherboard. Using the OC Genie button we were able to get an overclock of 3.9GHz (178x22). With manual controls we hit a high of 4.0GHz (156x16). We left Turbo and Hyper-Threading on for our overclocking testing even though the OC Genie went for the higher BClK by adjusting the multiplier down.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary.
Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced