MSI has some work to do on the H55M-ED55, not necessarily in terms of performance (although they do need some work there), but more in board design and ease of installation and use. They also need to take a look at HDD performance and see if they can bring it up to where it needs to be.
When setting up the system, we found that MSI has not included a general installer for drivers. This forces the user to install each on its own (and reboot after each install). Now, this may sound like a minor issue, but when the average user gets ahold of it then this could make the difference between keeping and returning the board.
The OC Genie is a nice touch to the H55M-ED55; it does what it says it does. This is to allow a user to overclock their CPU in a matter of seconds. We would like to tell you if this board is a good deal for the performance or not, however we were not able to find it for sale on any e-tailers at this time of this writing.
Overall, the MSI H55M-ED55 is a pretty good board. It is not going to win you any records, but it will give you stable performance for entry level and mainstream gaming and multi-media use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit