The Vantec 2-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCIe Host Card
Here we get our first look at the Vantec Host Card. The back of the card has the two USB 3.0 ports and along the leading edge is where you will find the SATA power connector. Vantec does include a 4-pin Molex to SATA power adapter, but either way you will need to provide additional power to the card for it to operate (verified in the TT Test Lab).
There is not much going on with the back of the card.
Here we see the USB 3.0 ports. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0 so you can plug any number of existing devices into the card.
Included in the package are a driver disk, power cable, miniPCIe bracket and manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec 2-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCIe Host Card]
- Page 5 [The Vantec NexStar 3 USB 3.0 3.5" Enclosure]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]