Inside The Thermaltake Element T Mid Tower Case
I just mentioned this on one of my last reviews, and I like what I'm seeing. The Element T utilizes front hinging doors; this is a huge plus to those who know about trying to hide bulky wires behind door panels.
With the panel out of the way, we get a peek at the insides. Long wiring is coming from the fans and I/O and should be no issue reaching any setup. The motherboard tray has a nice cutout for CPU cooler access and uses bumps in the steel for most of the risers. All the holes are clearly marked for additional risers except those closest to the expansion slots.
The optical drive bays at the top offer one tool-less lock, but they don't provide a way to use it in any other position than it is installed in. They do provide plenty of easy to use hardware for the other bays though. Same goes for the 3.5" bays, only one immovable tool-less lock. The rest again take screws. At the floor you can just make out two of the raised bumps used for mounting the 2.5" drive to the chassis floor. To the left of the 3.5" rack, there is a huge amount of room to pass and hide cabling.
Here we get a look at the nine blade fan chosen for the exhaust, and just below it is a thumb screw. This screw loosens the wiring tie down on the back of the case. The expansion slots use snap in, snap out covers, and thumb screws are used to mount the cards. At the bottom, you can see the support bar, the longer the PSU, the farther it can be moved to support it and not block part of the fan.
Form the back, it doesn't look like much, but there is quite a bit of room to be had. The whole area at the bottom left corner is quite roomy and hides excess wires nicely and provides a place to tie routed wiring to. I would have liked to have seen a couple more stamped holes in the tray for wiring, but let's see if we can get by without them.
Looking up into the top of the Element T, we get a real good look at the 200mm fan that Thermaltake chose to flood the case with its red LEDs. As I mentioned, this fan can be removed from here and placed behind the front cover, or creatively in the door.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media