Storage adapters are changing rapidly. For years companies used the brute force method to increase performance, more processing power, more cache and more drives. Today we are starting to see how technology and innovative R&D is leading to smarter, more efficient controllers. Adaptec has come up with a great way to reduce the total cost of ownership over the life of a controller with the Z-Series Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection for the 5805. The solution was really so simple, you have to wonder why no one has used it before. Either way, isn't it always the little things that make the biggest differences.
In a few weeks we will have our heads wrapped around the MaxIQ system that uses an Intel X25-E to store what Adaptec is calling Hot Data. The SSD will then be part of a hybrid storage system that has been reported to increase performance by up to ten times.
As a stand alone controller, the Adaptec 5805Z offers great performance no matter what application or use you use it for. Our review is just a standard usage overview with mostly default settings, but Adaptec's Storage Manager Software will allow you to fine tune your card to run your applications or storage server at peak performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Adaptec 5805Z]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series