Storage adapters are changing rapidly. For years companies used the brute force method to increase performance, more processing power, more cache and more drives. Today we are starting to see how technology and innovative R&D is leading to smarter, more efficient controllers. Adaptec has come up with a great way to reduce the total cost of ownership over the life of a controller with the Z-Series Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection for the 5805. The solution was really so simple, you have to wonder why no one has used it before. Either way, isn't it always the little things that make the biggest differences.
In a few weeks we will have our heads wrapped around the MaxIQ system that uses an Intel X25-E to store what Adaptec is calling Hot Data. The SSD will then be part of a hybrid storage system that has been reported to increase performance by up to ten times.
As a stand alone controller, the Adaptec 5805Z offers great performance no matter what application or use you use it for. Our review is just a standard usage overview with mostly default settings, but Adaptec's Storage Manager Software will allow you to fine tune your card to run your applications or storage server at peak performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Adaptec 5805Z]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz