If you hadn't already guessed it by the inclusion of a couple of low profile brackets, the card is of course a low profile model. The big difference between this model and the HD 5450 is the decision to go with active cooling on the model.
There's not a whole lot to look at. The small fan we know is going to cause a little bit of noise due to the nature of the size and high RPM. Like the HD 5600 series above it, the model lacks a need for an extra power connector which is always nice.
Due to the low profile nature of the model, we've got ourselves a VGA port alongside the DisplayPort and Dual-Link DVI connector. While we do have support for Eyefinity, it's worth noting that like the HD 5450, one of the connections are going to have to be via VGA which means you're going to have a screen that is connected via an analogue connection instead of a digital one. This will in turn slightly affect the image quality of that one monitor.
The first standout point for the model would be the fact that like the HD 5450 we see the use of GDDR3 memory instead of GDDR5 which we've seen on the HD 5600 series and above. This is what we think will cause the biggest difference in performance and make it lean more towards the HD 5450 than the HD 5600.
As for the clocks, we see a 650MHz core which is the same as the HD 5450. As for the 1GB of GDDR3 memory, that comes in at 1800MHz DDR which is 200MHz DDR higher than the HD 5450. The big difference between the two models is the HD 5570 uses a 128-bit memory bus instead of a 64-bit one as well as offering twice the amount of ROPs at 16 and 400 Unified Shaders instead of the 8 seen on the HD 5450.
While the clocks don't look amazing, the numbers outside of them look a lot nicer. Let's check out the test system before getting into the results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series