The first stand out point for the MSI HD 5670 is the fact that the company has opted for its own cooler. This means that compared to the reference card, we're looking at another dual slot version of the HD 5670.
The whole design isn't anything we haven't really seen before and if past experience is anything to go by, we shouldn't have any issues when it comes to keeping our GPU cool with this option.
Like the other HD 5670s we've looked at, we don't have any extra power needed like the reference version we looked at, but with the MSI one we do have some CrossFire connectors on top of the card.
In the I/O department we don't see anything new; a single Dual-Link DVI Port, DisplayPort and HDMI port round off the connectivity. This setup allows us to make use of EyeFinity which for me is quite a nice feature on these more budget orientated cards.
Carrying 1GB of GDDR5 like the other retail HD 5670s we looked at, we don't see anything that we haven't already seen from the model. The core comes in at the same 775MHz while the memory carries with it a 4000MHz QDR clock.
The piece of information to pay the most attention to here is down the bottom of the GPU-Z screenshot where you can see that we've enabled CrossFire and two cards are currently running together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media