When we first started playing with the ASUS P7H57D-V EVO we wondered if the board would be able to justify its hefty $200 price tag at Newegg. After testing the board, we can say that it is a great performer with some excellent overclocking headroom and features, but we are still not sure if it is worth $200.
Remember, the Core i5 661 and H5x chipsets are not meant as enthusiast level products. This is not where Intel was marketing them. However, we are seeing motherboards with enthusiast level features and performance and the enthusiast level prices hitting the market. Now, does this mean there is no market for this type of board? No, it does not. But it does raise some questions about the H5x chipset and where it fits.
Getting back to the ASUS P7H57D-V EVO, we do think this is a great performing board. The TurboV EVO in combination with the EPU-6 gives you some excellent options for power management and easy overclocking. The Hybrid Phase design on the H57D-V EVO helps to keep everything running with stable and clean power. As we mentioned above in our walk around of the board, ASUS has also designed the H57D-V EVO with flexibility in mind with the layout and inclusion of their expansion ports. The inclusion of both SLI and CrossfireX only adds to its allure.
Overall, I would have to say that the ASUS P7H57D-V EVO is a great motherboard, but it needs a price cut to make it more attractive to the mainstream buyer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit