Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (190MHz x 20)
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P (Supplied by Noctua)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 3 X 2GB Kingston Hyper X PC3-16000 2000MHz DDR CL9 (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 640GB SATA 2.0 HDD (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows 7
Drivers: ATI Catalyst Redwood Beta, Catalyst 9.12
As for the comparison, the main piece of information we'll be looking at is what kind of performance increase we get with the HD 5670 overclocked when compared to its stock clocked counterpart. We've also thrown in the HD 5750 for good measure which is the model up from the HD 5670.
Let's get started!
3DMark Vantage is the new industry standard PC gaming performance benchmark from Futuremark, newly designed for Windows Vista and DirectX10. It includes two new graphics tests, two new CPU tests, several new feature tests, and support for the latest hardware.
3DMark Vantage is based on a completely new rendering engine, developed specifically to take full advantage of DirectX10, the new graphics API from Microsoft.
While we can see a bump in performance from the card when overclocked, it does still sit a fair bit behind the HD 5750.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 13 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]