The Xigmatek Midgard Mid Tower Case
As I mentioned before, the Midgard is dressed in full black attire. The five 5.25" bays are vented with a mesh plate that can be removed and is backed with a bit of foam to act as a dust filter. In the middle is where the front I/O panel is located, and at the bottom is a molded X in the mesh as the only outside denotation of the chassis manufacturer. This panel is backed with a 120mm XLF, LED fan for a good intake of fresh air. What you are left with is a well ventilated sleek looking appearance.
The front I/O panel consists of a headphone 3.5mm jack followed by two USB 2.0 ports, and followed by the microphone 3.5mm jack. On the right is the eSATA port.
Looking down at the top of the Midgard, you can see the whole top is mesh, and you can even see in to the rear panel and the other XLF fan. At the very front is the power and reset buttons, along with the HDD activity and power LED's. The rest of the top is used as ventilation. There is room underneath to mount two 120mm fans as well to aid in the convectional flow of air.
We were given the non-windowed version of the chassis and instead we are given two spots to add inward flow of cool air to both the CPU and Northbridge areas and also to the GPU's at the bottom as well.
The rear of the Midgard starts off at the top with two removable plates that allow for water cooling. Under that is the rear I/O area and the grille for the 120mm XLF fan. Moving down, we run into the seven expansion slots that utilize tool-less clips to hold in the cards, and this is flanked by a ventilated area above another two holes for water cooling. At the bottom is where the PSU will reside.
The back side panel is ventilated to allow for a bit of air flow to the back of the hard drive area as well as the back of the CPU. There aren't "mounting holes" per say, but with thin fans and some creative mounting you could get fans in these areas.
The bottom of the chassis holds two large front feet and smaller rear feet that surround both a dust guarded PSU fan area and another area for a 120mm fan of your choosing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure