It's time now to find out how these things sound in the real world.
- High End
Whether you're a gamer, music lover or movie buff, it's important that the high frequencies are kept intact as much as possible.
During my testing of the E361-WM I found the high-end reproduction to be an exact thing indeed. Another way I might say it would be truly enjoyable and not the least bit fatiguing like just about every other earphone I've tested.
The '361's' high end sort of sits there in the background where it needs to be and refuses to cause a commotion, no matter how much it's stirred.
I have no idea how Arctic Cooling pulled it off, because I could quite easily compare the high-end here to that of the very expensive Razor Megalodon, which uses a whole 'headphone' design to achieve this.
They just contradict every conception I have of earphones being an instant recipe for a headache.
And I am not even up to the best part yet.
- Middle of the road
The mid-range frequencies are important in the roles that they play when reproducing drums and other percussion instruments and also the human voice largely.
Again we have another strong point of the '361's' when discussing the mid range frequencies. And again, I make the comparison closely to the Razer unit in performance. There's that lovely warm timbre to the sound that just surprises me frankly... a lot. Not in the $400 Razor's, but in the tiny little '361's'.
Bass is an all-important factor with any sound system, whether it's being for a dedicated music system or multi-purpose home theater.
I like to save the best until last, and let me assure you this was worth waiting for.
Now, I have been known to get excited sometimes, perhaps even a little bit too excited, but you will simply not believe the low end that is achievable with these earphones. I have studied sound production and I have studied sound reproduction and frankly, I'm stumped by the low-end that's possible here; unless there is some sort of acoustic trickery going on behind the scenes, fooling the ear so to speak. But even so, it works and works fantastically.
Now, I have tested quite a few different headphones, headsets and earphones over the years and the bass these little things I have here is capable of equaling them all, and I'm dead serious.
The best way of describing the low end is by saying it's akin to building an 8" subwoofer around your cranium.
A great effort by the Swiss 'techno boffin's'; how I do like surprises.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions