The SilverStone Raven SST-RV02-BW Case
The first thing that strikes me about the RV02 is that it is a "left handed" case, or with the window being on the right panel, you have to place the chassis to your left to view it. Also very noticeable is the fact that the sliding door on the front has been done away with this time. It looks very sleek and sexy even sitting here empty.
Since SilverStone did away with the door panel on the RV02, it has been replaced with eight removable panels that will allow any configuration of drives you can think of. The white chevron at the top is the case lighting for power and HDD activity, and barely noticeable it the Raven logo molded into the plastic at the bottom.
Looking at the RV02 from this side, we can see that all the panels surround the door panels and keep the sides very neat and tidy. I had pulled all of the protective coverings except the cling plastic on the insode of the window. There was one on the outside as well to make sure there are no "funny" marks in the window upon arrival. With a touch of class, SilverStone simply applies a small logo at the top of the chassis.
The rear of this chassis is a bit strange at first glance, but once you see the inside it will make more sense when I tell you this is where the PSU fan draws air from, and the removable filter is sitting at the bottom. The hole at the top is where all the wires will come from once things are all hooked up.
The reverse side of the RV02 is very basic and plain to look at aside from the SilverStone logo at the top.
Starting closest to us, there is the power and reset buttons, flanking the edges, that surround the two USB 2.0 ports and the front audio 3.5mm jacks. Behind the front I/O is the well ventilated area that needs to allow the 120mm exhaust fans and the graphics cards to vent freely through. I think it has been accomplished with a bit of flair and style as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- best enhance your flexibility
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!