The SilverStone Raven SST-RV02-BW Case
The first thing that strikes me about the RV02 is that it is a "left handed" case, or with the window being on the right panel, you have to place the chassis to your left to view it. Also very noticeable is the fact that the sliding door on the front has been done away with this time. It looks very sleek and sexy even sitting here empty.
Since SilverStone did away with the door panel on the RV02, it has been replaced with eight removable panels that will allow any configuration of drives you can think of. The white chevron at the top is the case lighting for power and HDD activity, and barely noticeable it the Raven logo molded into the plastic at the bottom.
Looking at the RV02 from this side, we can see that all the panels surround the door panels and keep the sides very neat and tidy. I had pulled all of the protective coverings except the cling plastic on the insode of the window. There was one on the outside as well to make sure there are no "funny" marks in the window upon arrival. With a touch of class, SilverStone simply applies a small logo at the top of the chassis.
The rear of this chassis is a bit strange at first glance, but once you see the inside it will make more sense when I tell you this is where the PSU fan draws air from, and the removable filter is sitting at the bottom. The hole at the top is where all the wires will come from once things are all hooked up.
The reverse side of the RV02 is very basic and plain to look at aside from the SilverStone logo at the top.
Starting closest to us, there is the power and reset buttons, flanking the edges, that surround the two USB 2.0 ports and the front audio 3.5mm jacks. Behind the front I/O is the well ventilated area that needs to allow the 120mm exhaust fans and the graphics cards to vent freely through. I think it has been accomplished with a bit of flair and style as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit