The A-DATA S592 SSD
The front cover of the drive has the model number on a sticker and the capacity is clearly shown.
We are used to seeing an additional label on the back of the drives with part and serial numbers, but you will not find it on the back of this drive. One thing that did stand out right from the start was the screw plugs that are on the drive. Normally we see these machined into the aluminum housing, but the S592 doesn't use aluminum. The drive is made from ABS plastic. This was the first SSD we have tested that uses a plastic case.
The drive is by far the lightest SSD we have tested and I can only assume that is due to the plastic. Holding the S592 in one hand and a RunCore Pro IV in the other really gave me a sense of just how light the drive is. It is actually quite shocking just how much less the drive weighs.
It is difficult to see, but the serial number is laser inscribed on the side of the drive. Here we also see that the drive has all of the standard mounting holes so it will be very easy to install the S592 in your notebook or with the use of an adapter plate, your desktop.
The SATA power and data connectors are in the standard locations so this also goes to make installation very easy. One thing to note is the lack of a USB port or jumper. The new S592 has an updated firmware so you don't need to bridge a jumper to update the firmware.
The A-DATA installation manual is clearly written and will aid in helping novice users install the drive in their notebook.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!