A-DATA have done a great job with this kit of RAM. Not only did we have no trouble achieving the 2200MHz DDR standard clock these kits offer at 8-8-8-24, we also managed to move even further and get another 58MHz DDR out of the kit. With even more time spent, the chances are you could probably squeeze a bit more again out of the kit, especially if you're happy to work with the timings.
One thing worth mentioning is that we had to remove one of our fans from our Noctua cooler to make the modules an easy install, but we already know that the extra fan does very little for extra cooling on our CPU. But it's something worth making note of if you do have a cooler that runs over the top of your memory slots.
What this kit comes down to is performance. That it has in spades with some extra numbers in both its stock form and overclocked. There's not a whole lot more you could ask for from a kit that offers such a high speed.
No doubt over the coming months we're going to see more and more companies attack the PC3-17600 market and offer us more aggressive timings and higher price tags. For now, though, if you've got the need for speed this is a fantastic kit worth keeping an eye out for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda promises deep dive into DOOM Eternal at E3 2019
- Valve boss Gabe Newell talks about Halo coming to the PC
- Master Chief Collection on PC won't support Play Anywhere
- NVIDIA unlocks ray tracing on some GeForce GTX series cards
- Master Chief Collection PC beta tests announced
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Electrifying 3v3 Asymmetrical Shooter Aftercharge Premieres New Characters at the Indie Megabooth during PAX East
- VIPER GAMING attends PAX EAST 2019 with New Gaming Products
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration