The box the RT-N13U ships is not too bad; it has a nice image of the RT-N13U on the front plus the usual logos, awards and "hard sell" to get you to pick up this product. One thing I find interesting, though; in this day and age when the majority of consumers (of computer hardware) buy online or scour the websites for information, why do manufacturers still waste money in printing up flashy boxes? Yes, if you go to the computer markets in Taipei, Hong Kong, or other places like that, you will see rows and stacks of boxed hardware, but this is not common for other places in the world.
But I am digressing here; I can bore you with my thoughts on ads and box appeal later.
Flipping the box over, we find that ASUS has not left the back side out of the game. It is quite cluttered back here, but amid the jumble of images you can get a feeling for where the RT-N13U can fit into your network and what it brings to the Home Networking table.
After getting past all the marketing imagery and actually opening the box, you get to what you really were interested in; the RT-N13U and the goodies that ASUS packs with it.
ASUS has packed in everything you need to get started. Well, everything you need if you are not intending to actually use this with a computer. One thing I have always wondered about with home networking equipment; why do they only give you a single Ethernet cable and then tell you to setup the product with your computer directly connected? Wouldn't you need two cables to do that properly? - Still, as 99% of the home networking manufacturers do this, I cannot fault ASUS for it as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Mortal Kombat 11 paid beta features 5 fighters, no Sub-Zero
- Digital-only Xbox One has 1TB HDD, includes three games
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced