Packaging and Product
As usual, I have unboxed and taken a close look at the product on video. Hit the play button below!
I would encourage you to watch the video above, but if you didn't, here are some details on the device. Starting from the front of the device, you can see that the design is the same as all previous Sharkoon toasters. You can see the Sharkoon logo on the left followed by the eject button and on the right is the LED status indication area. There are two lights - one for blue to indicate power and red to indicate hard drive activity.
Looking at the image above, we can see the back of the unit and from the left we see the on / off power button, power input and the USB 3.0 port. It is easy to tell what is USB 2.0 and what is USB 3.0 by checking the color. USB 2.0 most of the time is just plain black, but USB 3.0 is indicated by blue ports and connectors.
Speaking of the blue connectors, above you get a look at the USB 3.0 cable that is included with the Sharkoon toaster. It is nice to see that Sharkoon included a decent length cable; it is about 100cm long.
Sharkoon also sent us its USB 3.0 controller card that is sold separately. It is based on the NEC controller and plugs into a PCI Express x1 2.0 slot on any motherboard and adds two USB 3.0 ports to your system. The card will fit into any PCI Express slot, so if you don't have a spare PCI-E x1 free, don't worry.
Now let's move onto the all important benchmarks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam