3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft
When I initially setup 3D Vision it was maintenance night on the WOW servers. While this isn't much of a surprise to WOW players, considering it's been a few months since I played and had completely spaced out on the fact that there was weekly services, it was kind of bummed out.
The thing is it went from bad to worse; the guys behind WOW added 3D Vision support a bit back in a patch update. This meant that you can go into the options and actually enable the technology. The instant I turned it on and was sitting at the menu, I found myself WOWed over WOW.
The menu looked so good and seeing the Skelton Dragon that comes down from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack really kind of pops out at you; it's simply amazing. So, now it was just a matter of playing the waiting game, go to bed and fire it up the next day to find out exactly what we have going on.
Combining all this with the fact that NVIDIA give the 3D Vision support of the game as Excellent, I found myself with high hopes. The sensation of playing WOW in 3D is awesome, and I mean like really awesome. You can't fault the experience you get from the game when you play.
But, in saying that, it can be a little hard to read the standard text box. You really need to increase the font size. Also, in a raid it's a bit crazy; you have so much going on and your mind is going into overload, with "Ohh, Aww." etc. We're not sure we would want to work through Ulduar. It's really full on and I can feel my brain doing more than it really needs to.
Our Rating - Excellent and a bit. Once you hit level 80 I'm not sure how much use you'll get out of it when you do some hardcore raiding. It's really quite full on and does feel like it's a bit too much. You can adjust the depth and what not, but you would probably just be better off playing without it. In saying that, though, if you're going around helping out some lower level people with easy quests or you're starting a new character, it's great because these situations aren't as intense as massive level 80 raids. If Excellent was an A and Game Changing was an A++, this would be an A+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced