3D Vision Experience - Sims 3
NVIDIA list 3D Vision support for Sims 3 as Fair. Since we don't really know what any of the ratings really mean at the moment, we've got a good chance to have a look now and see what exactly is going on.
With Sims 3 installed, it was time to fire it up and see what we've got going on here. Once you get into the game and start playing you can easily notice the 3D effects; it really looks quite good with many 3D effects being seen.
If you've played the game before you can clearly see that the bottom menu and your cursor sits on another level. If you zoom in and have a look at the house, you can get that 3D effect with the walls and some of the furniture.
The problem is that with the cursor, when you try to click things it can be a bit hit and miss. You might feel you're sitting on top of the icon you want to press, say the newspaper on the foot path, but you can't click it. You have to move your mouse around a little bit to get the right icon showing up so that you can select it.
This was the first game I tried, though, and for the most part it was really a lot of fun and a really different experience. To be honest, I think NVIDIA has done a really good job here giving the game a Fair rating. It's not perfect, but you can clearly experience 3D Vision and as time went on you'll get used to having to work the cursor.
Our Rating - Fair. NVIDIA are pretty spot on with the rating they have given it. While the game works in 3D from an effect stand point, the nature of the game and having to click on small items makes it really quite difficult.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Google buys HTC's mobile division for $1.1 billion
- Project CARS 2 dev working on Fast and the Furious game
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower