The 3D Vision Kit
Having a look at the front of the box, you can clearly see what we're looking at. Looking through the plastic front, you can also see the glasses that are required to make use of the 3D Technology.
One of the most important areas on the box would probably have to be the right hand side. Here we see the requirements for 3D Vision; you have to remember it's not just a simple requirement to have an NVIDIA card and any monitor. You need to have a 3D Vision compatible monitor like the VX2268wm FuHzion one we have from ViewSonic. The main feature you're looking for from a monitor is the 120Hz refresh rate; it's best to check out the manufacturers website before buying a monitor if 3D Vision is something you're interested in.
Inside the box we're got a heap of paperwork that lets you know how to get the device up and running. You've also got a driver CD, but we opted not to use it. Instead we went to the NVIDIA website and grabbed the latest version of the 3D Vision drivers. The biggest benefit to the new drivers is the game profiles which will make sure you get the best possible use out off 3D Vision.
Inside the package we've got three mini-USB to USB cables. While we've seen other packages with two, we're not sure if we've got one too many or others have one less. Either way, you only really need two; one connects the IR Receiver to the PC while the other is used to charge the glasses.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]