Benchmarks: The Performance Hit
With 3D Vision enabled your computer is technically doing twice the amount of work than what it would do with 3D Vision disabled. Apart from the huge amounts of memory that I have which make programs like Photoshop a whole lot more pleasurable to use, there isn't anything that is too stand out on my main PC.
Since I really don't have heaps of time for games, my PC doesn't carry anything that any performance gamer probably doesn't already have. So with my i7 920 clocked at its default 2.67 GHz speed and the GTX 285 that has served me well the past 12 months, let's have a look at how performance was in a few of our games that have built in benchmarks.
Of course, all our benchmarks will be ran at 1680 x 1050 only and we'll use the same in-game settings as we used in our games when using 3D Vision which we thought where comfortable.
- Far Cry 2
- Resident Evil 5
We can see under both games there's a clear drop in FPS. The good news is that really, once we started playing the games with 3D Vision, we didn't really notice any noticeable slow down. The good news is there's plenty of ways to gain some extra FPS if need be; overclock your CPU or video card, drop in game detail or upgrade to a faster video card, albeit another option would be a GTX 295 and with new NVIDIA models coming next year, we wouldn't recommend it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic launch $1 million Winter Royale tournament for Fortnite
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 6.7-inch screen, 6 cameras, 5G tech
- NVIDIA is now bundling Battlefield V with GeForce RTX cards
- COD: Black Ops 4 outsold Red Dead Redemption 2 last month
- G.SKILL launches Trident Z Royal Series DDR4: ALL GOLD, BABY
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6