3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge
When Mirrors Edge first came out I had a brief look at it due to the fact that it was one of the first games to support PhysX. The game in general did very little for me, but I thought it was time to give it another crack, except this time with 3D Vision. NVIDIA give Mirrors Edge a Excellent rating which means we're expecting some big things from the game.
Getting into the game and playing it, there's plenty of 3D goodness. You get a really nice effect from the game with the 3D Vision kit, but we're not sure what made this game an Excellent as opposed to a more appropriate Good.
It's really difficult to put your finger on it to be honest. I'm not sure if the game feels a little blurry from the effect or what, but there's just something there that doesn't feel quite right about the game. What you would probably find is while you would probably take the time to have a good bash with Mirrors Edge using the kit, it's not something that you're going to find revolutionary.
We think that the NVIDIA rating was a little too generous in this case. There's clear 3D effects and you can play the game with the 3D Vision kit with no real dramas, but it clearly feels like there's something there that separates the game from being in the Excellent category. We tried adjusting the depth and while it did get a bit better, there was still that weird sensation of something being off.
Our Rating - Good. While the 3D effects are no doubt present, there's just something about the whole experience that feels slightly off putting. If this was the first game that someone played with 3D Vision, they would likely go, "The effects are cool, but it just plays a little funny." It's better than Sims 3 for playability, offers greater 3D effects then Red Alert 3, but it's not the same as playing some of our Excellent rated games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!