Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The PC-X1000 is an all aluminum tower, inside and out. The exterior of all the panels including the front are black anodized, brushed aluminum, while the interior panels are exposed, brushed aluminum for a nice looking contrast with the door off. The entire chassis is held together with either thumb screws or Phillip's head screws that allow the end user to remove what isn't useful to them or even completely disassemble the chassis to its basic components. The size of this chassis may make it undesirable to some users with tight spaces for their rigs. This chassis stands almost 27" tall and is only about 17" from front panel to rear I/O. Holding the box in my own hands, it didn't seem like it weighs just over 21 pounds empty, but that's what Lian Li says it is, so I'm going with the fact I don't guess weight well. One bonus of a tall chassis that Lian Li took full advantage of, and that it the ability to offer an eight expansion slot configuration to allow Tri-SLI and 3-way Crossfire with dual slot cards to evacuate air out of the chassis instead of the typical seven slots that tend to block the airflow of the bottom GPU.
Cooling this large chassis is no easy feat; there is quite a volume of air that needs to be circulated to keep temps at bay, and even more to move to show temperature improvements. Lian Li takes five 140mm fans, all with ball bearing hubs, to cool the PC-X1000. There is one in the top chamber, three in the middle chamber, and one in the bottom chamber to accomplish the task at hand. This combined with an almost hidden fan controller will allow you to place up to five fans on a switch and customize the level of airflow you desire.
Going through the usual channel, Google Shopping, there are six e-tailers that show stock of the PC-X1000. There is quite a range of pricing as well. I found this chassis listed for as little as $349.99 at Newegg, plus shipping, and as high as almost $500 at other e-tailers. My guess is that if this chassis strikes your "I got to have it" chord, you will be purchasing it from Newegg. They by far have the best deal currently. Even though this chassis has been out for a few months at this point, it is still on shelves and ready to fill any list of gifts for this holiday season.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek's new Hunt: Showdown hits Steam Early Access
- Blu Vivo X smartphone rocks 4 cameras, costs just $249
- Final Fantasy XV require over 155GB HDD space for 4K on PC
- Intel: 5G mobile PCs will be here next year
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit