Cooling components is the name of the game; not only to overclockers, but it's just as important for the longevity of the hardware for those who run their components at stock settings. With most chassis designs there aren't many that try to keep groups of components isolated to try to keep heat levels of the whole chassis at bay. Chassis' like the Raven and Obsidian come to the forefront as chassis' that attempt a similar design. While the Raven took things a bit further and rotated the chassis design 90 degrees to the right, under normal usage I found the design wasn't all that beneficial to keeping things cooler. Corsair on the other hand, took the drives out of the mix by not pushing air across them and then into the motherboard area. This did help as they also redirected the airflow inside to keep a sufficient amount of ambient air coming into the main compartment to actually show a couple of degrees drop in temperature to the mainboard, CPU and GPU temps.
Most of us already know that Lian Li designs some of the best chassis' in overall concept, materials chosen, and ease of installation/use. The last time I had the pleasure of using a Lian Li chassis, I took a look at the Lian Li PC-B70, and that chassis was a real pleasure to use. It had a huge window, plenty of sexy aluminum inside, and even sexier anodized aluminum on the exterior. The PC-B70 also has sound deadening material placed inside to deaden any unwanted noises inside the chassis. In my opinion this was done to keep up their standard, as chassis' with windows do allow more noise to travel out of the interior, and possibly annoy the end user.
This time around Lian Li implements a three chambered design in this Tyr series chassis to separate components. The design consists of one at the top that holds optical and possibly hard drives, one that holds the mainboard, CPU and GPU's, and one at the bottom for more drives and the power supply. This concept is separated by sheets of aluminum and each section or chamber has its own cooling, no sharing in this chassis. Today we are looking at the PC-X1000 Super Tower. Let's get though the specifications and see what this chassis is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit