The Vantec Universal Storage Adapter has sixty-six reasons why you need one in your hardware toolbox. In this age of commodity consumer electronics you never know what type of storage your next must have toy will use. It is nice to see that Vantec has made a solution for a problem that we all have faced.
With an e-tail cost of just 27.49 over at Newegg, the Vantec Universal Storage Adapter is quite reasonable. At that price it would have been reasonable if it only could handle 33 different formats, but since Vantec is giving us the whole thing we will accept it. The SATA and PATA ports are quite useful for enthusiasts since they give you instant access to your large storage devices.
The performance achieved with the Vantac USA is as high as we could expect given its USB 2.0 interface. With USB 3.0 on the horizon we can't help but wonder how long it will be before we have a similar product from Vantec with a 3.0 interface, but for now this is the best you can get.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit