The Vantec Universal Storage Adapter has sixty-six reasons why you need one in your hardware toolbox. In this age of commodity consumer electronics you never know what type of storage your next must have toy will use. It is nice to see that Vantec has made a solution for a problem that we all have faced.
With an e-tail cost of just 27.49 over at Newegg, the Vantec Universal Storage Adapter is quite reasonable. At that price it would have been reasonable if it only could handle 33 different formats, but since Vantec is giving us the whole thing we will accept it. The SATA and PATA ports are quite useful for enthusiasts since they give you instant access to your large storage devices.
The performance achieved with the Vantac USA is as high as we could expect given its USB 2.0 interface. With USB 3.0 on the horizon we can't help but wonder how long it will be before we have a similar product from Vantec with a 3.0 interface, but for now this is the best you can get.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam