Specifications, Availability and Pricing
I am not even going to attempt to go over the entire list of media the Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter can interact with, but we will take a look at some of the formats that are not available on many of the competitors' products.
The first three that really stick out in my mind are SATA, 3.5 IDE and 2.5 IDE. Many enthusiast class motherboards don't even have IDE connectors anymore, but I would bet most enthusiasts still have a few IDE hard drives sitting around. Having a nice portable device that will work with your SATA drives is also a nice touch. All of the typical Compact Flash, Sony Media and SD formats are covered as well, so all of the typical bases are covered.
The only real downside that I can find just from looking at the specifications is that everything runs off of USB 2.0. Now that we have a USB 3.0 device in the lab, we dream of the day when all external devices use this new extremely fast interface. We are optimists and not realists, but in the coming years we will have our wishes granted.
When it comes to the cost, you most likely spent more money last night on dinner for the family than what the NexStar Universal Storage Adapter cost. We were able to find the 66-in-1 at Newegg for a low 27.49 USD. The deal is so good that I sound like one of those infomercial guys on TV.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- Twitter had 115 billion impressions for the World Cup
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit