We always say how memory packaging isn't all that fancy, but this one really takes the cake. Inside there isn't any fancy packaging; this is how the memory kit comes and as you can see there's not a whole lot being shown. On one side, though, we do have the information about the modules and inside we find ourselves looking at a manual for the installation of a fan.
The Modules and Extras
We've had a look at a Pi kit from G.Skill in the past and this kit is different in a few ways. The massive speed on offer means we've got a fan included in the package which sits on top of the RAM, while the modules themselves have a pretty high build quality and some pretty big fins out the top.
While one side of the modules have the G.Skill and Pi series logo, the other has only the company logo along with a sticker that gives us a run down on the modules. You can see that it's a 4GB PC3-17600 kit. As for the rest of the information, we'll break that down on the next page.
Just quickly on the fan that G.Skill has included, we've got a single fan design that will sit straight over the top of our modules when installed. The whole design is plastic and does feel a bit flimsy; I'm not sure if I would say it felt cheap, but I wouldn't want to be too rough with it. Really, though, once you've installed the modules and fan you shouldn't be touching it again anytime soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit