It's time for the benchmark section of the review. The Acer Aspire 5738PG-6306 I am reviewing here and the Aspire 5738DG shares much of the same hardware. The screens are the only real difference meaning that the performance is virtually identical. The first test up is Battery Eater Pro.
Battery Eater Pro
The first benchmark for the notebook is Battery Eater Pro. This is a particularly rough test on battery life. For the max performance test, I ran the notebook with all power saving features turned off and the screen at 100% brightness. For the Power Saving mode test I used the same settings but turned screen brightness down to 50%. Check out the chart below for the scores; battery life is not the notebook's forte.
The next test up is my iTunes encoding test where I take an MP3 version of the Stone Temple Pilots Core album and encode it to AAC format. The process is timed with a stopwatch to get the score. Check out the chart below for the test results.
Version and / or Patch Used: 9
Developer Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com
Product Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx
The final benchmark is my movie encoding test where I take the 1080p Magic of Flight video from Microsoft and turn it into a DVD quality video with CD quality sound. Check out the chart below to see how well the notebook did.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One