Inside The SEED MA-280 Mini-ITX Case
Even the budget minded like nice looking features, and SEED takes it to the inside as well. I removed the top panel, and was pleasantly surprised to see the whole of the interior is finished in black paint as this is.
Turning the attention back into the chassis things are a bit cramped on first take of what I am seeing. We need to get the drive plates out of the way so we can get a better look inside. Removing these only takes removing six Phillip's head screws of various sizes, try to keep the sorted, or it may take some trial and error trying to get them back together.
Getting the plates out of the way was a breeze, and here they are. The smaller plate on the left is used to hold a 2.5" hard drive, which mounts with supplied screws to the bottom of the drive by aligning the four holes. The larger plate on the right holds another 2.5" hard drive if you'd like, as well as supporting the slim type optical drive too.
As you can see the entire inside is black, and there is even a plastic liner behind the motherboard to guard against any accidental shorts to the back of the motherboard. At the top you see the included power unit, this is the 90 watt version. Just to the right of the PSU is the 40mm fan that not only cools the chassis, but pulls air directly off the power unit, hopefully prolonging its life.
SEED includes plenty of length with their wiring. The front panel wiring containing the power and reset switch, and the LED activity connections can reach to any corner of the chassis. Same thing goes for the USB 2.0 and HD Audio connectors. The power unit has a 4-pin CPU power connection as well as a 20+4 pin motherboard connection. From the 24-pin stems all the other power leads. These consist of 2 SATA power connections, a micro SATA style power connection, as well as a FDD type power plug.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- ARK on Xbox One X: renders at 1440p 30FPS or 1080p 60FPS
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz