The SEED MA-280 Mini-ITX Case
Now we get an unblocked view of the MA-280 chassis. The front bezel is black plastic accented with a wide brushed aluminum piece in the middle. There is a door at the top left to hide your optical drive, the dual USB 2.0 ports and microphone and audio jacks. The leaves us with the three LED's that show reset, access (or HDD activity) and power just to the left of the combination power and reset button.
The lighting was a bit off from how the accent stripe appears normally. This angle shows how much better the blending of colors and materials really is.
Moving around to the side you get a feel for how SEED vents everywhere it can benefit. You see six holes on this side that aren't on the other side, these are there to utilize the "upright" position this chassis can stand in, not unlike a PS2.
The rear of the MA-280 really shows its size. All there is here is room enough for the mITX's rear I/O panel and the 40mm fan to the right. That's it! The two thumb screws, one at the top and the one to the right, once removed allow for the top to easily slide out and off.
Since the door panel doesn't affect the structure of this side as it does the other, SEED adds a lot of venting to allow as much air to get into the chassis. For reference, this is located nearest the CPU once the motherboard is installed.
The bottom of the chassis is plated as well. The main reason is because if you use the stand to put this chassis upright, it then becomes the side. SEED has marked this side with grooves in a V shape. These are marks for the placement of the rubber feet you will see in the hardware section.
That leaves us with this well ventilated top side. Most of the venting is shifted to one side due to how things are installed inside. You will soon see that the CPU and the hard drives are located under here, and this allows for some convection cooling of said parts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM