After subjecting the unit to quite exhaustive tests, the Antec True Power 550watt PSU meets its ratings and designed specifications. Overall, we were very impressed with the unit. It is well built, featuring neat wiring and a very clean interior. Power cables are long enough to fit just about every case out there and the variety of connectors ensures that even the most hardcore enthusiast will be able to power all of their devices and then some without a problem.
Furthermore, Antec's "Low Noise Technology" ensures that the unit will not be running any louder than it should be - ideal for those striving to build a silent PC. With a maximum output current of 550watt, the True550 is admittedly more than the average user will ever require, however, there are lower rated models out there which I trust will perform just as well as our 550watt model did. At a price of $US139.95, the unit is not cheap, however, it is certainly one of the cheapest 550watt power supplies currently on the market.
Huge 550watt maximum output current
Low noise technology
Supports all current AMD and Intel processors
Plenty of connectors
Long cables can cause unwanted clutter
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz