Having a look at the A-DATA kit, you don't see anything that really stands out at you when it comes to the overall design of the kit. The heatsink that they've opted for isn't all that Xtreme, but does a good enough job when it comes to making sure that the default clocks can be achieved.
As for the timings, they're pretty good. The 1T command rate is nice and the 9-9-9-24 isn't too bad as some of the more relaxed kits come in at 9-9-9-27. In saying that, there are plenty of 8-8-8 kits out there if you want something more aggressive, but of course, this is going to come at a cost.
This is a nice kit of RAM from A-DATA. It's a little simple, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The simple design of the heatsink and timings that sit in the middle of the pack means that it's a nice kit of RAM for a lot of people. While we didn't have much luck getting any higher when it came to overclocking, that doesn't mean you won't have some luck with the kit.
The most important thing about these modules is that the stock clocks of 9-9-9-24-1N are achieved with no issue. Getting to that setup was done in the first attempt using 1.65v and that's what makes a good memory kit.
If you're hunting for something that's a bit more aggressive than the G.Skill kit we looked at recently, this could be a kit worth looking at. It's not fancy, but the kit does what you want which is what we want.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series