Our iStorage Pro iT8SAE arrived double boxed and the entire package system is designed to take advantage of this. The weight for shipping is right around 50 pounds so plan on going ground to save on shipping costs.
Once inside both boxes we found a box in the middle with all of the documentation and SF-8088 data cable. The four boxes on the outside are made to hold your 3.5 inch form factor hard drives if you purchased a system with drives.
With the accessory box removed we can see that the main unit is packaged very well with a lot of distance between the edge of the main unit and the side of the box. This crush zone is usually where we see large packages damaged in shipping.
The iT8SAE comes with everything needed to get started except for the computer and SAS controller. Unfortunately the cable they sent with the unit was defective but we will get into that headache later in the article. On the inside we found nine packs of screws so you will have four extra screws to secure the drives if you happen to lose a set. The documentation was written in a clear manner but has less information than what we found on Areca's website for the ARC-8020 controller. Still, putting the system together is not rocket science and everyone should be able to get by without knowing every detail and specification for the expander built into the iT8SAE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The iStorage Pro iT8SAE]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD Copy-Benchmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ