Our iStorage Pro iT8SAE arrived double boxed and the entire package system is designed to take advantage of this. The weight for shipping is right around 50 pounds so plan on going ground to save on shipping costs.
Once inside both boxes we found a box in the middle with all of the documentation and SF-8088 data cable. The four boxes on the outside are made to hold your 3.5 inch form factor hard drives if you purchased a system with drives.
With the accessory box removed we can see that the main unit is packaged very well with a lot of distance between the edge of the main unit and the side of the box. This crush zone is usually where we see large packages damaged in shipping.
The iT8SAE comes with everything needed to get started except for the computer and SAS controller. Unfortunately the cable they sent with the unit was defective but we will get into that headache later in the article. On the inside we found nine packs of screws so you will have four extra screws to secure the drives if you happen to lose a set. The documentation was written in a clear manner but has less information than what we found on Areca's website for the ARC-8020 controller. Still, putting the system together is not rocket science and everyone should be able to get by without knowing every detail and specification for the expander built into the iT8SAE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The iStorage Pro iT8SAE]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD Copy-Benchmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One